These little balls were amazing! Not only do they taste delicious, but they are unbelievably healthy too. With only 5 ingredients, these little balls are a source of fibre, protein, and are PACKED with antioxidants; most of which come from green tea matcha powder. I have recently written a blog post on the powerful health benefits of this- you can read it here. I also used fresh, organic raspberries…
Health benefits of raspberries
- They are extremely high in the antioxidant Vitamin C which aids in protecting and keeping our cells healthy.
- They have been suggested to possess anti-cancer properties due to the anti-inflammatory phytonutrients they contain.
- They can also increase enzyme activity in certain fat cells in the body which, as a result can help control body weight and blood sugar levels, as well as speeding up your metabolism.
Ingredients (makes 6-8)
- 3/4 of a cup of ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of green tea matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 12 fresh raspberries (mashed)
- In a bowl, combine the ground almonds with the almond milk, and gently mix together. Then add the matcha powder.
- Mash the raspberries, and leave to one side. Add the the coconut flour to the mix, and roll into a large balls. Start to tear the mixture, to start rolling into individual balls. Add bits of the mashed raspberries as you’re rolling the balls, so the green and red from the raspberries are separate colours running through the balls.
- Alternatively, you can mix the mashed raspberries into the mix before you start rolling the balls, the colours will just merge together more.
- Leave to cool in the fridge for up to 2 hours and enjoy!
You can leave these balls in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can see more of my raw ball recipes on the recipes page, or head straight to my blog post that I did featuring my raw vegan bliss balls.