So I am finally back with a new recipe to post! Since starting my MSc in Clinical Nutrition I have still been spending time developing recipes however, I have just not had time to post them… But I have a new favourite ‘raw balls’ recipe that I have now perfected and they are just delicious- so I thought I would put time aside to share it on my blog! They are sugar free, 100% plant based and high in protein- therefore perfect as a pre or post workout snack. For the raspberry ingredient you can either use mashed fresh raspberries or raspberry jam.
Ingredients (makes 12 vegan protein balls)
- 1 cup grounds almonds
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam or mashed raspberries
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Dark choc 60g
- A generous handful of chopped hazelnuts to decorate with (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the ground almonds, desiccated coconut and vanilla vegan protein powder.
- Then add the raspberries, and rice syrup, and mould together. The mixture will become thicker, and you can use your hands to mould it in to one large ball.
- You can then start dividing the mix to roll 12 individual balls. Lay the raw balls on baking paper and leave to set in the fridge.
- Whilst the balls are setting, melt the vegan dark chocolate, ready to cover the protein balls with. (This is optional, these can also be enjoyed without chocolate :))
- Cover the balls in the melted dark chocolate, sprinkling the chopped hazelnuts on top as you go.
- Leave to set in the fridge on baking paper for 1 hour.
The balls will stay fresh in the fridge for 5-6 days (although mine rarely last that long!)
The best way to keep up with ‘Sophie’s Healthy Kitchen’ is by following my instagram page. You can see more of my creations on my recipes page 🙂
Enjoy… SHK x