Hello subscribers! I realised I haven’t posted in quite a while now but hopefully you’ve been keeping up with my instagram as I you can always see my latest foodie pics and recipes there! I decided to share my go- to pancake recipe on a blog post as it is so incredibly easy, super nutritious and high in protein! You’re probably aware from my instagram posts that breakfast is my absolute favourite meal of the day (by far) and these pancakes can also be whipped up and enjoyed for lunch too- because who doesn’t love breakfast for lunch!
So… all you need is 2 eggs, 1 banana and 1 scoop of protein powder- that’s it! You can use a protein powder of your choice but do try and make sure they do not contain lots of added sugar or harmful sweeteners.
I am not a strict vegan however, I do enjoy a plant based diet in which I also eat eggs and fish. I do not eat animal meat therefore always opt for vegan protein powders- but like I said, any protein powder of your choice will work for this recipe!
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 mashed banana (preferably ripe)
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- coconut oil for greasing the pan (can also use alternative oils to suit preference)
- Greek yoghurt
- Mixed berries
- (Or whatever else you fancy!)
- In a bowl, mash the banana and whisk together with the 2 eggs. When the mix is smooth, add in your scoop of protein powder. You may want to whisk your mixture for a smoother finish however, I like it a little bit chunky!
- Heat a pan over the heat adding 1 tablespoon of your choice of oil- alternatively I use a coconut oil spray.
- Pour on 2 tablespoons of mixture to form 1 pancake- depending on big your pan is you may be able to do 2 or 3 at a time. When you see the pancake start to bubble slightly, flip it over to the other side.
- You may need a little extra oil for the pan in-between cooking the pancakes.
- Place the pancakes on a plate and enjoy with your favourite toppings!
Topping ideas: Nut butter, fresh berries, greek yoghurt, mixed seeds/ nuts, chia seed jam, chocolate spread
You can see from my pictures that I love to enjoy my pancakes with greek yoghurt, nuts and berries!
You may also like my vegan berry pancakes or my buckwheat pancakes.
Remember to follow my instagram page to stay up to date with SHK!