You guys know I am all about easy recipes and this one is no exception! If you’re looking for a meat free alternative to meatballs, then look no further! These 6 ingredients bites can go in a stir fry, with spaghetti or even taken on the go as little snacks!
Vegan meatballs (makes 12-16 meatballs)
- 1 can of lentils, drained (about 220g or 1 cup of lentils)
- 2-3 tbsp of fresh basil and parsley, chopped
- 1 small onion (75g of onion), peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 flax seed egg (1tbsp flax seed + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (15g) nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp (15g) ground almonds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the onions until broken down, then add the garlic and lentils, pulsing until the lentils are broken up too.
- Add in all of your remaining ingredients, mixing until combined.
- If you mix is too wet, add a little extra ground almonds, so it’s just firm enough to pick up with your fingertips. The mix will be very moist, however, this is how you want it!
- Roll the mix into balls, placing each of the balls onto your prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the outsides look golden and crunchy. (They’ll firm up when they cool).
- Optional: Fry them up in a little olive oil like I do – it makes them extra crispy!