- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (115 g) melted ghee butter
- 1 mashed banana
- 4 tbsp (55 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups wholemeal bread flour (270g)
- 1 cup (85 g) shredded carrots, about 2 medium
- a handful of crushed walnuts
For the frosting
- 4 heaped tbsp of cream cheese (I used Philadelphia) mixed with 1 tsp of vanilla paste or extract.
1 Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a 1lb loaf tin with baking paper. In a bowl, mix together the flour, spices and baking powder.
2 In a separate bowl, add the egg, milk, butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
3 Mix the wet and dry mix and stir in the grated carrots and walnuts.
4 Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 40-50 mins until golden on the outside, remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely before icing and enjoy!