INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
- 120g kale
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 1 egg
- ½ avocado
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: a few spoonfuls of homemade or tinned baked beans
- Toss the sweet potato wedges with oil, garlic powder, paprika and salt and pepper. Place in a preheated oven (200 C) for about 30 minutes or until they’re nice and soft.
- Meanwhile, steam the kale for a few minutes then mix with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- For the soft boiled egg, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the egg and set a timer for 5 minutes. Remove the egg from the pan and peel off the shell.
- Assemble the bowl with the kale, sweet potato wedges, soft boiled egg, sliced avocado and optional beans. Add another sprinkling of black pepper/salt to the egg and avocado.