So I am finally back with a new recipe to post! Since starting my MSc in Clinical Nutrition I have still been spending time developing recipes however, I have just not had time to post them… But I have a new favourite ‘raw balls’ recipe that I have now perfected and they are just delicious- so I thought I would put time aside to share it on my blog! They are sugar free, 100% plant based and high in protein- therefore perfect as a pre or post workout snack. For the raspberry ingredient you can either use mashed fresh raspberries or raspberry jam.
Ingredients (makes 12 vegan protein balls)
- 1 cup grounds almonds
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam or mashed raspberries
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Dark choc 60g
- A generous handful of chopped hazelnuts to decorate with (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the ground almonds, desiccated coconut and vanilla vegan protein powder.
- Then add the raspberries, and rice syrup, and mould together. The mixture will become thicker, and you can use your hands to mould it in to one large ball.
- You can then start dividing the mix to roll 12 individual balls. Lay the raw balls on baking paper and leave to set in the fridge.
- Whilst the balls are setting, melt the vegan dark chocolate, ready to cover the protein balls with. (This is optional, these can also be enjoyed without chocolate :))
- Cover the balls in the melted dark chocolate, sprinkling the chopped hazelnuts on top as you go.
- Leave to set in the fridge on baking paper for 1 hour.
The balls will stay fresh in the fridge for 5-6 days (although mine rarely last that long!)
Enjoy… SHK x