Hummus with veggies is such a go-to snack and making your own hummus is easier (and tastier) than you think!
- 1 can of chickpeas (or 250g cooked chickpeas)
- 1 large lemon
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4-5 tbsp water, depending on the consistency you like
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for serving
- Carrots, sliced
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Peppers, sliced
- Anything else you like!
- Add the chickpeas and the garlic to a food processor and blend until the mixture is a smooth, powdery consistency
- Next add the tahini, salt and lemon juice whilst the food processor is running.
- Add in ice cold water gradually until your desired consistency is reached
- Put it in a dish, drizzle with olive oil and enjoy with veggies, crackers or fluffy pita!