This is one of my FAVOURITE dishes! We all have our go to dishes – the ones we make when we get in from work and don’t want to spend ages in the kitchen… Mine, is a stir fry! A teriyaki one to be more precise and as requested, and if you are someone that loves making everything from scratch – I am also sharing my teriyaki sauce recipe.
Ingredients for teriyaki sauce (Makes 8 servings of sauce)
120 ml soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 (2cm) piece fresh ginger, grated
4 tbsp cold water
1 tbsp cornflour
Stir soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, brown sugar, sesame seeds, garlic and ginger together in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
Whisk cornflour into water in a bowl; add to soy sauce mixture. Cook sauce, stirring regularly, until thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Ingredients for stir fry (serves 2 people)
- 200g tinned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 200g firm tofu (cut into cubes)
- 160g broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 120g asparagus
- 100g green peas
- 250g quinoa (I use the microwaveable packs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium – heat.
- Add the tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the chickpeas, broccoli, asparagus and peas, moving around the pan every so often for 5 minutes. Add the teriyaki sauce and turn to a low heat for a few more minutes.
- Serve the quinoa in a bowl and transfer the stir fry from the heat to the bowl of quinoa. Enjoy!