INGREDIENTS (Serves 2):
For the chickpeas:
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- ½ tin of tomatoes
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (or garlic powder)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Optional: coriander
For the salad:
- 125g kale
- Cucumber, diced
- Cherry Tomatoes, cut into quarters
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juice
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: yoghurt or non-dairy yoghurt, mint chutney
- Over a medium heat, cook the onion and garlic in a frying pan in some oil.
- Add in all the spices and cook for a few minutes before adding the tinned tomatoes.
- Let the tomatoes and spices simmer for a few minutes on a low heat and then add the chickpeas and coriander and taste for salt.
- Cook on a low heat whilst you prepare the salad.
- Add the kale to a large mixing bowl and massage for a couple of minutes with lemon juice and a splash of olive oil until the kale is soft.
- Combine the cucumber, cherry tomatoes and red onion in a small bowl with a bit of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste
- Top with chickpeas and the cucumber and tomato salad and serve with a dollop of yoghurt!