This is one of my favourite breads!
- 1 tbsp Instant coffee
- 1 tbsp Boiling water
- 60 g Walnut halves (½ Cup)
- 115g (1/2 cup) Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 110g Soft brown sugar (1/2 Cup packed)
- 125g Self raising flour (1/3 Cup and 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Instant coffee
- 1 tsp Boiling water
- 100g vanilla buttercream style icing
- Extra walnuts of topping
- preheat oven to 180°C and line a 1lb tin with baking paper or use a silicon one.
- Mix the coffee and boiling water together until it dissolves.
- Break the walnuts down with a rolling pin to smash them into smaller pieces.
- Add the flour and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Beat together the butter and sugar together until soft.
- Add one egg and a dessertspoonful of your flour mixture and beat until all of the egg has combined, you need to ensure no egg remains before you add the other.
- Add the cooled coffee and vanilla extract and beat in.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture beating in on a low setting until just mixed in and then scraping down the sides and base of your bowl to ensure all of the mixture is incorporated.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into prepared tin and level with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a skewer or knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out with just a few fudgy bits of cake on.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing from tin.
Make the frosting by making up the coffee mix and mixing it with the buttercream. Place in the fridge to chill whilst loaf cools. Cover the loaf in the frosting, top with walnuts, slice and enjoy!